Monday, July 30, 2007

Seek His Face

One morning, soon after we learned that our little girl was blind I was overwhelmed with emotions and struggled with something that was deep within me. At first I thought that I was being silly and over-emotional but then I realized that this was deeper than worry or selfishness. I was very moved and began expressing to God that I did not think it was fair for a little girl not to be able to see her own daddy's face. I cried from my heart and felt sorry for my 4 month old baby girl.

As I walked over to her room that same morning I remember leaning over the rail of her crib and saying "Good morning sunshine". She responded almost immediately by reaching up her little hands and feeling my face. That was the first time that she had ever done anything like that. Suddenly I realized that she could see me. It wasn't the way I preferred but I realized that in her own way she could still see my face. I began to cry even more and held my little girl like the precious gift that she is!

While I was holding her God spoke to my heart. "Jonathon, I too deeply desire for my children to see my face". I then realized that the emotions and struggle I had were not sinful or selfish but the desire of a loving father, a desire that our heavenly father also has for us. Sin has blinded the human race. We cannot see God with our eyes but we can still know what he looks like if we will SEEK HIS FACE.


1Ch 16:11 "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually."


2Ch 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


Psa 105:4 "Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. "

1 comment:

Sheff said...

Jonathon, it is a privilege to be your friend and fellow labourer in the ministry.

Thanks for sharing your heart!